Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tortie Tuesday



Hi there, peoples! I'm Gypsy, the other newest member of The Kitty Krew. I had another name at the shelter (Tamara), but The Mommy said that just wouldn't do here at my new home. As Ziggy explained yesterday, we have Rules to follow here, and Tamara didn't fit in with that (and besides, The Mommy had 'Gypsy' in mind for her next girl cat No Matter What... MOL). All the kitties who already live here had a name ending in 'y' or 'ie', and my name has to match too, right? So now I'm Gypsy. I like Gypsy, it's a mysterious name and I'm a mysterious cat.

And I've picked up a few nicknames already, though not quite as many as Ziggy: Gyps, Gypsy Girl, Girly Girl, Gypster, Gypsy Mae. I'll answer to (or is that ignore? MOL) almost any of those.

I'm a dilute tortie, just over a year old. I was born in late September last year. We're not sure why I ended up in a shelter; the no-kill shelter where The Mommy came and rescued me from was my second, the first one I was in didn't have any luck placing me and sent me to the other one in hopes more people would see me and someone would give me a furever home. It worked!

I'm friendly but standoffish at the same time; I was friendly to The Mommy at the shelter and will sometimes come up to her to be petted, but mostly I keep to myself. The first week here, I mostly stayed in the den (which is where most living takes place in this house -- where the TV and computer are, for instance), and ventured to the kitchen to eat, and that's about it. I, um, didn't even know where the litter boxes were even though The Mommy tried to show me. And then the second week, for no reason The Mommy could tell, I started staying mostly in the dining room, and of course to the kitchen to eat. But I did find the litter boxes!

But I don't really play with toys or anything, I just sit or lay around, and try to avoid interacting with the other kitties. Maybe once I really get used to being here, I'll get out and about more. The Mommy also thinks I may have been abused some, wherever I was. Often when she comes to pet me with her hand out, if she moves too sudden, I kind of flinch as if I think I'm going to get hit. I'll learn better, I'm sure.

But I've learned a few things in my 2 weeks here, too. I learned to lay on the desk all comfy:



And I learned how to be an Island Cat!



I've also learned good grooming habits.



I also wanted to show you all my tail...or lack thereof. MOL Apparently when I got to the second shelter, my tail had been injured so badly - they're not sure how or when exactly - that most of it had to be amputated. So I've only got a little stub of a tail left. I'm not worried though, I'll be just fine without it!



Well, I look forward to getting to know all you kitties and other critters and peoples better!

32 comments:

SeaThreePeeO said...

Nice to meet you Gypsy. We think you're a clever and very beautiful ladycat and your tail just adds to your mysterious character.

The Monkeys said...

You'll get used to your new home soon, Gypsy. You are gonna love it!

So very nice to meet you again!

Lisa Kolosey said...

Welcome sweet Gypsy! I'm so happy to meet you and happy you have found your forever home in such a loving and fun place.
You are such a pretty girl! I look forward to hearing more about you as you get comfortable.
~Lisa Co9T

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Hello Gypsy. I love your name and I think you lok cute without a tail.. Hugs GJ x

Anonymous said...

HI GYPSY!!! We are your "cousins" from PA! And we think you look like a Manx. You are a beautiful girl and you couldn't have ended up with a better family! You will come around in your own time. Welcome!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Hello Gypsy! Wh know you will learn to relax and love your new family! it mat take time but your new Mom will help you along the way . We hope you have found the litter box by now! Mom has been reading the Joe Grey books. Joe Grey is a kitty that has a docked tail, too. You are a very pretty kitty.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Hi, Gypsy, we're so very happy to meet you and are looking forward to becoming friends.....and you're right, who the heck needs a tail anyway?????

We think you are beautiful.

xxxxx

SuziQCat said...

Gypsy you are a beautiful girl. You don't have to be afraid anymore now that you are with the Kitty Krew...you've lucked out! I love your colors and your half tail!

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Gypsy! We're so happy you finally found a furever home! We think you're gonna be real happy there!

And we love your little stubby tail!!

The Creek Cats said...

Gypsy, we love your new name, it's furry fitting. Much more than Tamara!
We are so happy you were gotcha'd into such a wonderful loving home with lots of brofurs and sisfurs and loving beans. We love your little stubby tail too!

Unknown said...

Gypsy, we is sad that you don't have alla' you's tail but the imPURRtant part is that you have a FURever home an' you will never be cold or hungry or scared ever and ever again☺

Jasmim said...

Gipsy is a beautiful name!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Oh you are SUCH a bootiful girl, and we love your little patches of orange in your fur, such an amazing coat!

JC said...

Awe, sweet Gypsy.
My Jasmine is sort of like that. I'm sure she was abused too. I told her she needed to learn to enjoy being loved.

Gypsy will ...

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Gypsy nice to meet you! We think you are a beautiful kitty and we love your little stub tail - it is cute! We think that you have a great name to go with your great new home, and we are sure that with some time and patience you will be more comfortable and do a lot more exploring.

David E. Francis said...

Hi Gypsy,

Glad to meet you; you cutie! You may not have a tail; but, you do have a loving and caring family. You will do great.

Dee

Daisy said...

Hi Gypsy! Your little tail is very cute. I am glad you're settling into your new home so well.

Catline Crew said...

We think you have a cute tail. We hope you get used to your new home soon.

CCL Wendy said...

Hi Gypsy! It's nice to get to know you a little better. It's normal to be shy at first -- I'll bet you'll come out of yourself in time.

I didn't notice your tabby stripes before, so you are part tortie and part tabby. My sister has a kitty like that and they say she is called a "torby".

You're a very pretty girl Gypsy, with or without a tail. I hope you have more fun with your sisfurs and brofurs as time goes on.

Lyn said...

Oh what another cutie! she is gorgeous!
Hope she feels more at home soon.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have finally found your Forever Home, Gypsy! We are sure you will come to love it!

Cats in trees said...

Hi Gypsy. Where are so glad finally a good home has found you. And with a good place on the desk you are going to see so much of the world (of cats). Take it easy.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi Gypsy, we are very pleased to meet a pretty girl like you. We are sure you will be very happy in your new home.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hi Gypsy what a gorgeous name for a gorgeous gal! You have hit the kitty jackpot. You're going to love your new forever home. IT was so nice to meetcha.

purrs
Abby

The Crew said...

Hello Gypsy, my aren't you lovely. We're glad you found your forever home. You've learned a lot in only 2 weeks.

JEWELGIRLS KATZ said...

Hi Gypsy! So nice to meet you! We are very very happy you now have a forever home. Such a wonderful kitty family you have! :)
Gypsy is a cool name for you. You surely are a pretty colorful tortie gal! ♥ Soon your new home will be
your comfort place. ♥

Tuck said...

Hi there Gypsy! It's great to meet you! I'm glad that you found such a great home...you will be very happy there!

Anonymous said...

Gypsy, you look adorable sleeping on the desk, and I like your tiny tail.

Quill and Greyson said...

I think you'll love it there Gypsy!

Milo and Alfie said...

Great to meet yoo Gypsy. We're glad yoo joined the Kitty Krew ~ yoo've got real lucky!

Teddy Westlife said...

My mum's nickname is Gypsy so she just loves your name, Gypsy! And I think your tail stump is cute. Welcome to the family.

Kaz's Cats said...

G'day Gypsy, it's nice to meet you. Naturally, we think Gypsy is a lovely name, so welcome to the blogosphere. We're so glad you got to move in with you new family. It can be a bit scary at first when you move to a new home, but we think that you'll learn to relax there pretty soon. Don't worry about your tail being a bit short, we think it just adds to your character.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

This template made by and copyright Christine's Blog Templates. (modified by The Kitty Krew)