Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pixie weighs in

Hi peoples! It's Pixie, the youngest of The Kitty Krew. The Mommy said I could be the first kitty to post since I'm the baby! And I just had to tell y'all about the horrible day I had yesterday....she made me go to the VET! First I had to get in that cage thingy and then that long long car ride, and THEN I get poked and prodded by strange people after having to sit and wait among all those weird smells (there were doggies there!), and then after all that, I had to get BACK in the cage thingy and BACK in the car for the long long car ride home! I'm tellin' ya, it was the worst hour and a half of my LIFE!

Well, okay, maybe the worst since I had to do the same thing last year. Good thing I have a short memory. But The Mommy says to tell you not to worry, nothing is wrong with me, I just had to get my annual shots and checkup, and the vet dood says I'm a-okay!

After The Mommy brought me back home and let me out of the cage thingy, I was a big boy and didn't even run and hide under the bed or bite her or anything, I rubbed up against her and let her pet me to show her I was happy to be home. Then she had to go to that weird place she calls "work" -- on a Saturday! hmmph! -- and left us alone all day again. But after she finally got back home, she let us go outside for a little bit. See, we're inside kitties most of the time. The Mommy likes us to be safe. But we really like to go outside sometimes, to be in the sun and roll in the dirt and grass. So when it's warm and not rainy and not dark, and she gets home early enough and isn't tooooo tired after that "work" thing, whatever that is, she sometimes lets us go outside for an hour or so. She sits out on the front porch and keeps an eye on us to make sure we don't wander too far, and reads on this e-lek-tronic doohickey thing (The Mommy: it's called a Kindle, Pixie) so she can enjoy the nice weather, too.

Here I am sitting near the house:


So after the horribleness of the early day, I guess my day ended up not too bad after all! I'm sure glad my VET visit is done for this year and I hope I don't have to go back again for another year.

Oh, I should tell you a little more about me. The Mommy told you I'm about 2.5 years old; we don't know my exact birthday, but we use Nov. 1, 2006 as the date. An acquaintence of hers found me as a stray kitten in early December of that year and took me in, but couldn't keep me. The Mommy has an extremely soft heart, and even though she already had 6 kitties at that time (2 have since passed on to the Rainbow Bridge :( ), she offered to take me, sight unseen! The peoples who had me told her I was a girl kitty, and she named me Pixie without having checked that for herself...and by the time she realized I *wasn't* a girl kitty, I was already responding to my name, so she just left it at that. She also calls me Pix, Pixel, Pixie Doodle, Pixie Dust, Pixster, Pixinator, Darlin', and Pixie Mae. We all have alternate versions of our names. :)

Okay, that's all for now. Bye peoples!

Pixie

7 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Hi Krew!!! It's so nice to meet all of you! And Pixie...we think you should be called the Pixinator all the time! Glad your v-e-t visit went well!!

Thanks for visiting us and we'll visit you again!

(pee ess. just a suggestion...you should visit the Cat Blogosphere (www.blog.catblogosphere.com/) and put the link to your posts in there so more kitties will know to come visit you!)

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi everyone! thanks for visiting us and letting us know you have a new blog! You are all a bunch of very fine looking kitties and we're going to look forward to visiting you!
We love the story of how you came to live there!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi Kitty Krew, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for coming to visit us. We will add you to our link list. It's nice to be able to go outdoors supervised. When we walk in our fields our mum is always with us.

Unknown said...

I thinkz there iz girl pixies an' boy pixies soz youz name is OK!☺

Milo and Alfie said...

Hi Pixie doodle! We're mostly inside cats too - but we're allowed out under snoopervision when Mom and Dad are home. They said we're too preshus to be allowed to roam wild 'cos it's a danjeruss World out there!

Daisy said...

It's nice to meet you all! I used to have a big sister named Pixie. She had to go to the Bridge back in September on account of she got real sick from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Anonymous said...

Pixie, you have one super human mom. And you must be special yourself, for her to choose you sight unseen!

This template made by and copyright Christine's Blog Templates. (modified by The Kitty Krew)