The kitties are generously giving me Monday to make a post; worked out well for an "M" on Monday too, since we already had things lined up for Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
So Katie at Mishkat tagged me to do a personal thing; I can "either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself." (She was doing a combo of all 3 due to being tagged by different people.) Well, I hate posting photos of myself, and I can't find a childhood picture handy (who has all of those I wonder? my mom or my brother or my sister?), so I guess I'll go with (2).
1. Although I'm divorced now, when I got married back in 1993, we got married on a riverboat out in the middle of the Ohio River between Ohio and West Virginia. His family lived there and couldn't come to Texas, where we lived, for a wedding, so I figured if I was going up there for a wedding and it was going to be small, I was going to do something fun and different.
2. I've visited many states in the U.S., but I've only lived in two states, Texas and - briefly - Florida.
3. My mom taught me to read when I was 3 or 4 years old and I've been a reader ever since. When I was in 1st grade, I was reading at the 4th grade level, and had special permission to check out school library books from the "big kids" section.
4. I've worked with the same boss for nearly 18 years, although we're at our 4th employer (improving firms as we've gone).
5. I've only been out of the U.S. one time, for my honeymoon to Puerta Vallarta. Oh wait, twice - when I went to San Diego one time with my sister, we went across the border to Tijuana, Mexico, just to say we had been. But that was so short, I'm not sure it really counts.
6. I still remember my address and phone number from when I was 5 years old, even though we moved to another town hundreds of miles away that year. My mom and dad must have *really* drilled it into me.
7. I've only ever been called for jury duty one time in my life (even though I'm duly registered), and that was just after I moved from Texas to Florida so I couldn't serve anyway since I wasn't in Texas any more.
8. I've worn glasses since I was 2 years old, other than a couple of years here and there after having specific surgical procedures. But my eyes are too goofy for the lasik type procedures.
9. Just this past week I applied for a passport for the first time in my life, as I may have to travel to Canada for work soon. And who knows, maybe I'll go wild and take a trip overseas some day! At least it'll finally be possible without that being a cause for delay.
10. I like bright colors and jewel tones, but I'm not much into browns, oranges, or earthy tones.
Okay, so now you know some goofy things about The Mommy! I'd like to tag the moms behind the following bloggies - whose names I don't even know - to play along. But if you don't feel comfortable doing so, then please don't feel any pressure. It's just a fun thing for those who want to.
1. Daisy and Harley's mom
2. Parker's mom
3. Hansel and Tesla's mom
4. The Crew's mom
5. Reese's mom
Even though Katie's rules were combining three different tagging games, we'll just go ahead and carry them all forward. So remember, you must either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself. Or not do any of them if you don't feel comfortable.
This just in, yesterday we were given two awards, and I just want to do a quick mention and thank you for those; later in the week we'll do the following-of-the-rules and passing-on-to-other-blogs thing.
From Loki, we received the ""Blog of the Estimaçã" award, which they received from Jasmim. I have some trouble sometimes with online Portuguese-to-English translators, and I keep getting "estimation" for "estimaçã". Not sure that (when coupled with the rules as they're translated) makes complete sense to me, but we appreciate it nonetheless!
Then, from Eric and Flynn, we received the Kreativ Blogger award, which they received from Ginger Jasper.
So thank you Loki, and Eric and Flynn, for those awards! We appreciate so much those that visit and read us, and leave comments (and even those that don't ), and getting awards is just icing on the cake to let us know you like us! You really like us!
Such A Cool CAT Video
5 years ago