This and that on a lazy weekend...
Bugsy's v-e-t visit went fine yesterday. His staples came out, and while the incision isn't 100% healed, it's about 95% and the doc said the rest will heal up fine on its own with Bugsy being able to keep it clean on his own. I didn't bring up the occasional peeing issue as the regular guy was out and there was a stand-in, so I figured I'd just keep an eye on the Bugster and see how he does (I honestly can't say how often he's peeing outside the box since the surgery as I don't follow him around watching ). As regular bloggie readers may recall, Bugsy's other health issue is the tumor in his right eye which will result in eye removal surgery; that has now been scheduled for July 23. Poor little guy, I hate doing that to him but it's the best way to ensure that if it *is* a cancerous tumor, that nothing spreads to other parts of his body. And the only real way to find out if it's cancerous, is to remove it and send it off for testing. It's the best of bad options, basically.
As for more pleasant things, we received 3 awards from wonderful kitty friends this week! First, on Tuesday Reese gave the blog as a whole what she translated from Spanish or perhaps Portuguese as the "your blog doesn't stink" award, that she received from Eric and Flynn.
It appears the only rules for this one are to link back to who you got it from, and tag 5 others to get the award. So we tag the following kitties:
1. Gandalf and Grayson (and Whitey too!)
2. Ginger Jasper
Also on Tuesday, Tasha at Mishkat gave to Callie the "Your Blog is a Dream" award, which she received from Jasmim. Then on Saturday, Tristan at Tristan and Crikey's gave Roxy the same award, which she also received from Tasha.
This one's rules are to give 7 beauty tips and pass the award on to 7 bloggers. Rather than do 7 each for Callie and Roxy, we're going to just do 7 total.
1. Sleep as much as possible, preferably on your human's lap or at least curled up next to her/him.
2. Be sure to help your human in whatever she/he is doing, whether it's typing on the computer or opening boxes that might contain presents for you. Helping others makes you feel good, and that makes you feel pretty.
3. If your human leaves food out for you all day, be sure to eat plenty of small meals in between naps. Eating small amounts throughout the day rather than snarfing a lot at one time helps keep your weight down!
4. Get outside for a little fresh air, grass, and light exercise if you can, but be sure not to wander off too far where it's not safe, and come in when your human calls for you.
5. If you can't get outside, then lounge in windows or on the floor in spots where the sunlight falls, so you get plenty of Vitamin D to help make your fur shiny.
6. Drink plenty of water and if you live with other kitties, spit at them occasionally just for fun!
7. Last but not least, keep blogging and sharing with others, as it's always good to have other kitties to share your human woes with!
Now, we'd like to share the award with the following friends (it was hard to decide!):
1. Angel and Kirby
2. Eric and Flynn
3. All the kitties at Friends FurEver
4. All the kitties at The Taylor CatSSSSS
5. All the kitties at The Creek Cats
7. Milo and Alfie
You'll notice there are some mancat-only blogs on the list, we figure even if they think they "don't do beauty" (a silly thing to think but that's boys for ya), they can tell us what they think is beautiful in a girlcat!
So there you have it, the weekend round-up from The Kitty Krew. Enjoy what's left of it, folks!
Such A Cool CAT Video
5 years ago