Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday Things

This, that and the other on a thoughtful Thursday...

So, the window perches were a big hit yesterday! Indeed, I do spoil my kitties rotten as much as I can; they're worth it. To answer a couple of questions that came up in the comments: No, I didn't make them, I bought them (I ain't that talented ). Don't remember where exactly, might have been eBay actually. They're almost like this one but I won't swear it's exactly the same. They have the same kind of eggcrate foam underneath the sheepskin covering that that linked one apparently has.

On another question, the pictures show the use of two different perches; Bugsy, Sassy and Roxy were in the left-hand den window perch, and Pixie and Callie were in the right-hand den window perch (obviously not at the same time ). I don't think I have any pictures of any of them in the front living room window perch (which is the same kind, just a different window and view), although it does get used; just not as much. They really are good at sharing and taking turns!

~~~
Now, I'm afraid I must confess and disappoint you kitties, and let you know that, despite my kids' best efforts, the loud noisy vacuum monster did in fact get unboxed, assembled, and - yes - USED this past weekend. They were devastated. But to show again what a good Mommy I am and how much I spoil them, I then weighted down the box, resealed it and put it back where it had sat for 10 days. Why, you may ask? Well, Bugsy especially had grown very fond of napping on top of it. I mean for hours at a time. And he, as well as Pixie and Callie, seemed to enjoy using it as a ladder to be able to look around the curtain of the door's window (as shown in Callie's Tuesday post) to see what's going on outside on that side of the house. Not to mention, how cute has it been to come home and be greeted with a kitty face peeking at me out of the curtain as if to say "Oh hai, Mommy! Welcome home!" So...at least for awhile, it'll stay there (not like I'm using that space for anything else anyway!).

~~~
Woke up this morning to dark skies, rumbly thunder, and rain. As I was warm and comfy under the covers, it really made me wish I was a cat and could just yawn, stretch, and turn over for another nap. Alas, I had to get up for the "work" thing...

~~~
And last, but certainly not least, our dear friend Jasmim has given us the "Blog Like a Pearl" award - thank you so much!


According to Jasmim and her mom, the words on the picture translate to: "Your blog is like a pearl, rare, delicate and charming."

That's so pretty! The rules for this award are:

1. Post the link of who sent you.
2. Submit to 6 blogs that you think is a pearl and emotion.

I do so hate choosing who to give awards to (I like everyone!), but I also don't really like to fall back on the "hey, anyone take it" option either. So I guess I'll give this to the following peoples (but everybody, know that we love you all!):

1. Baby Patches
2. Daisy the Curly Cat
3. The Island Cats
4. Hansel and Tesla
5. Cory Cat Blog
6. Ginger Jasper

~~~
Enough ramblings for today. If only the weekend would get here a little faster!




15 comments:

Milo and Alfie said...

Congrats on the award ~ we hafta admit to usually doing the "hey, anyone take it" approach!

We don't like vacumn monsters either.

Under the duvet is great on a rainy day!

The Island Cats said...

Wow! You are a good mommy! Imagine putting an empty box back for the kitties! Can you give our mommy a few lessons??

Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to us!

Anonymous said...

ConCats on the award! Sorry to hear the Load, obnoxious, Sucky-Up thingy broke out of its box! You have a really nice mommy to put the box back together so you could still nap there!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Mom puts the boxes back for us sometimes. Especially the ones we really play with! Congratulations on the award.

Daisy said...

NO, NO! Not the VACUUM! Run for your life! But you are a real good catmom to reassemble the box (along with the proper weights!) for everybuddy's perching delight.

Congratulations on your award! And thanks ever so much for thinking of me, too!

loki said...

Congratulation on your award!
I do not like vacuum!

Loki

Reese =^..^= said...

Congratulations on your award! You are a great kitty mom to put that box back together.

Anonymous said...

What a nice award! You are a very good award rule keeper:) We should strive to stop being such rule rebels!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Thank you so much for the award. I will get mum to post it asap. Mum struggles putting liknks to people but does try.lol


Sorry that the vac monster broke out, hide behnd the sofa I do..

Hugs GJ xx

Mishkat said...

Congratulations on your award! And thanks very much for all your purrs and good thoughts for Franklin.

We think you are a really good cat mom to put the vacuum back in the box for the kitties! Our mom is always recycling our boxes - it's not fair.

P.S. We read the window seat post and you all did a good job of modeling them - we want one now!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the neat award - it fits. The vacumn monster is the scariest - our Al doesn't hear it so he is the only one not afraid.

Quill and Greyson said...

You're clearly an excellent cat Mom! Bet you wouldn't throw out my sack!

The Monkeys said...

Congratulations on your award! It's certainly well-deserved.

We often take the 'anyone take it' approach just because it's hard to keep up with who actually has received it...but admittedly, it's not the rules and much more personal to hand them out.

We're a little worried now that your mom told ours about how great the vacuum works because now she might get a new one!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

:sigh: The vacuum monster strikes again! It really is the curse of our kitty lives. That and the lawn mower.

Concats on the award!!

Cory said...

Concats on your award and thank you so much for passing it along to us! We also admit to the "anyone" take it approach because my mom is so absent minded she forgets who gets them, and gets all confused.

You know what? Us kitties don't like the vacuum monster, but the one in our house who runs for her life is our "brave" woofie Grete! It scares her!

This template made by and copyright Christine's Blog Templates. (modified by The Kitty Krew)